Basic Fire Training.
To develop competencies required to understand and know basic principle of oil and gas fire prevention/ control, and to provide basic knowledge and skill of employees for fire fighting.
Personnel who are working for offshore assignments.
A. Demonstrating their understanding of :
- Identification of fire hazards and take safety precaution
- Selection provide and placement fire extinguisher that meet the existing hazard
- Basic fire fighting technique by using the portable fire extinguishers
B. Demonstrating their ability in:
- Capable and aggressive in extinguishing minor fire
- Being able to assist Company Fire Fighting team to handle fire emergency
- Applying knowledge, skills and attitudes having been trained at their workplaces.
1. Theory of Fire and Explosion
- Basic fire chemistry and fire cause
- Flammable materials
- Fire hazard and spread (growth, flashover and full development)
- Classification of fire and Extinguishing Agents
2. Prevention of Fire
- Principle of fire prevention
- Fire hazards in plant & office building and its risk assessment and control measure
- Introduction to Pre-Fire Plan
3. Portable fire extinguishers
- Type of Fire Extinguishers
- Fire extinguisher rating
- Installation requirements
- Proper techniques of using fire extinguishers
4. Fire Extinguisher Test, Inspection and Maintenance, Basic
- Introduction to basic requirements of inspection inspection, testing, and maintenance of fire portable fire extinguisher
- Equipment inspection formats
5. Fire Fighting Methods
- Understanding of fire sources
- Fire fighting techniques using fire blanket and portable fire extinguisher (Pull, Aim, Squeeze, and Sweep)
6. Basic Plant and Building Fire Rescue and Emergency Response
- Introduction to Emergency Response Emergency Response Procedure
- Basic technique of evacuation system
- Exit and Assembly Points
METHOD OF TRAINING
The course activities are carried out by using various methods: lecture, discussion, question-answer, demonstration and field practice.
Professional and experienced instructor/ facilitator in land and marine fire management.
This course is conducted in one (1) day:
- Minimum participants 15 people
- Maximum participants 20 people
The training course will be conducted at Client training room, includes O/H Projector, white boards, and meals and refreshment for participants and instructors.
Training Certificates, training modules, dummy will be provided by Marindotech Consultant